Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Arnaud Gaillard <ar...@xtendsys.net> on 2012/10/18 21:22:14 UTC

Adding additional guest network after VM creation

Hello,

I'm trying to add additional guest network to a VM after it's creation. Is
there a way to do this in CS3.0.2? (even manually)

The purpose here is to let a specific VM reach other VM that are segmented
in different VLAN. This is somehow linked to the new  intervlan
routing feature of 4.0, but here the VM is providing common services for
all the network zone.

Thanks for your help!

AG

Re: Adding additional guest network after VM creation

Posted by Kirk Kosinski <ki...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Arnaud.  There's no supported way to do this directly.  What you can
do is create a template from the VM and deploy a new VM from that
template with the needed networks.  If the VM must have the same IPs,
destroy the old VM after creating the template, and deploy the new one
using deployVirtualMachine with the ipaddress parameter.

Best regards,
Kirk