Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by "Buddhavarapu, Suresh" <su...@emc.com> on 2014/09/10 12:09:04 UTC

IndexReader.document method - Why is this made final?

Hi,
I'm working on an upgrade of project of Lucene from 2.9.3 to 4.10.
We have a need to implement the IndexReader interfact to create an abstraction over two disparate indexes.
First, I found that Indexreader can no longer be extended. Instead I chose to extend the CopositeReader abstract class.
Also, I find the the IndexReader.document method has been declared final. Is there any reason why this has been made final?

I wanted to understand the thinking behind this change before I think of another approach.

I also find the StoredDocument is not documented yet. I only see this in the source code.

Thanks,
Suresh