Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Ian Service <is...@ts2.ca> on 2014/11/04 20:33:27 UTC

Upgrade woes from CS 4.3 to 4.4.1

Updated system last night and now I'm getting the following error after
about 30 minutes of runtime:

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread

At that point there's still 1.5GB of RAM in the management system and
there's very little load so I'm guessing I need to enable more threads to
make this work properly?  Or is there something bigger here?

# uname -a
Linux man01 2.6.32-504.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Wed Oct 15 04:27:16 UTC 2014
x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

# ps -L -u cloud | wc -l
1025

# cat /etc/security/limits.conf
cloud soft nofile 4096
cloud hard nofile 4096

Thanks for any help,

- Ian

Re: Upgrade woes from CS 4.3 to 4.4.1

Posted by Dave Dunaway <da...@gmail.com>.
check ulimit -u and/or /proc/sys/kernel/threads-max as well for potential
snafu's. As Pierre-Luc mentionned, it it said you should alllocate 8gigs of
Ramalamadingdongs on the mgmt box.

hth

Posted by Ian Service <is...@ts2.ca>.
It's got 4GB + 4GB of swap.

But there's still lots of resources available.  I've upped the number of
threads to 4096 to see if that helps.

Anyone running a functional cloudstack 4.4.1 that could check this number?
ps -L -u cloud | wc -l

- Ian

Posted by Pierre-Luc Dion <pd...@cloudops.com>.

Posted by Ian Service <is...@ts2.ca>.