Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by jordan j <yo...@gmail.com> on 2023/01/26 20:53:26 UTC

Cloudstack embedded environment on Workstation

Hey everyone,

 I spin a dev environment on my laptop but once the environment is up the
SSVMs cannot access the management server on port 8250, the SSVM logs
report handshake problems. Here is the setup:

ACS 4.17.2
Debian 11 + VMware Workstation 17:
1. vmnet10 - for embedded hypervisors and SSVMs
2. vmnet11 - acs management is there.

It seems that the issue is that VMNET10 is a NAT network.
So if SSVM has ip 172.50.10.30 and tries to access ACS to 172.50.11.10 in
ACS log I see that the handshake is declined because the incoming ip is
172.50.11.1 and not the original SSVM IP.

Is there a workaround for this to make ACS accept the keypair while working
with NAT? or is there a better solution that allows CS and SSVMs to be in
different networks?

Regards,
Jordan