Posted to users@solr.apache.org by Reej M <re...@gmail.com> on 2021/09/02 03:07:13 UTC

Solr Windows Service / Running solr in the background

Hi All,

For now we are running solr cloud starting it from the command prompt as below from the 2 servers for starting the 2 nodes

Server 1 & Server 2
bin\solr start -cloud -p 3883 -s “server\solr\cloud\node\solr”
bin\solr start -cloud -p 9883 -s “server\solr\cloud\node\solr”

But if we close the command prompt server will obviously go down, is there any way we can have this running in the background.

We tried using shell script, but we can run it as a standalone service, but is not working when we pass the commands to start as a cloud service.
We followed  http://lets-share.senktas.net/2017/11/solr-as-a-service.html <http://lets-share.senktas.net/2017/11/solr-as-a-service.html> for running as windows service.

Any one has tried any options for starting solr cloud as windows service, do share your thoughts.

Thanks
Reej

Re: Solr Windows Service / Running solr in the background

Posted by Charlie Hull <ch...@opensourceconnections.com>.
I've seen clients use NSSM before for running Solr as a service on Windows.

Best

Charlie

--
Charlie Hull - Managing Consultant at OpenSource Connections Limited
<www.o19s.com>

OpenSource Connections Europe GmbH | Pappelallee 78/79 | 10437 Berlin
Amtsgericht Charlottenburg | HRB 230712 B
Geschäftsführer: John M. Woodell | David E. Pugh
Finanzamt: Berlin Finanzamt für Körperschaften II

Re: Solr Windows Service / Running solr in the background

Posted by dmitri maziuk <dm...@gmail.com>.
On 2021-09-01 10:07 PM, Reej M wrote:

> Any one has tried any options for starting solr cloud as windows service, do share your thoughts.

NSSM here too

Dima

Re: Solr Windows Service / Running solr in the background

Posted by Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com>.
This is absolutely ancient but maybe there is at least a nugget of
usefulness in it:

https://www.outerthoughts.com/2013/07/setting-up-apache-solr-on-windows-as-a-service/

Regards,
    Alex