Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hl...@attbi.com> on 2003/01/15 12:55:06 UTC

[VOTE] Release 2.3 as rc-1

Ok, we've discussed putting 2.3 "to bed".  2.3 beta-1 has been out there for a bit, I've even seen comments that it was stable and easy to upgrade.

The final major changethe addition of the "Global" mechanism, a counterpart to the "Visit" mechanism, except that the global property is shared by all engines in the application.  In addition, all source code now has the big, ugly Apache license comment block.

Plan:
1) Create a branch off of HEAD for 2.3
2) Label and create a release for 2.3-rc-1
3) Merge private branch changes back into HEAD
4) Rename packages and reorganize directory structure

If any bugs to pop up in 2.3-rc-1, we'll fix them in its branch, and in HEAD.  I don't see too much along those lines.

Also, is everyone subscribed to the NEW list?  tapestry-dev@jakarta.apache.org

----
Howard Lewis Ship
hlship@attbi.com
http://tapestry.sf.net

Re: [VOTE] Release 2.3 as rc-1

Re: [Tapestry-contrib] [VOTE] Release 2.3 as rc-1

Posted by Geoff Longman <gl...@intelligentworks.com>.
>Plan:
>1) Create a branch off of HEAD for 2.3
>2) Label and create a release for 2.3-rc-1
>3) Merge private branch changes back into HEAD
>4) Rename packages and reorganize directory structure

+1

>Also, is everyone subscribed to the NEW list?
tapestry-dev@jakarta.apache.org

+1

Geoff

Geoffrey Longman
Intelligent Works Inc.

Re: [Tapestry-contrib] [VOTE] Release 2.3 as rc-1

Posted by Malcolm Edgar <ma...@tpg.com.au>.
Malcolm Edgar: +1

There is a bug with the build.xml target "deploy-tomcat" in that it doesn't
copy the /lib/ext/ejb.jar across to web lib. This
causes the Tapestry Tutorial Inspector Engine page to crash when running
under Tomcat.

Also the Readme.html "Third party JARs" needs to be updated to include:
commons-lang, commons-logging & junit.

I have just subscribed to the new list.

regards Malcolm