Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Brian O'Neill <bo...@alumni.brown.edu> on 2012/08/04 13:41:06 UTC

A Big Data Trifecta: Storm, Kafka and Cassandra

Philip,

I figured I would reply via blog post. =)
http://brianoneill.blogspot.com/2012/08/a-big-data-trifecta-storm-kafka-and.html

That blog post shows how we pieced together Kafka and Cassandra (via Storm).
With LinkedIn behind Kafka, it is well supported.  They use it in
production. (and most likely we will too =)

Let me know if you end up using it.  Thus far, I think it pairs nicely
with Cassandra, but we don't have it in production yet.

-brian

--
Brian ONeill
Lead Architect, Health Market Science (http://healthmarketscience.com)

Re: A Big Data Trifecta: Storm, Kafka and Cassandra

Posted by Philip Nelson <ph...@yahoo.com>.
> I figured I would reply via blog post. =)
> http://brianoneill.blogspot.com/2012/08/a-big-data-trifecta-storm-kafka-and.html

Brian -- thanks again for this. It's always great to get a reference to another approach.