Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Holden Karau <ho...@pigscanfly.ca> on 2016/05/15 21:40:51 UTC

PySpark mixed with Jython

I've been doing some looking at EclairJS (Spark + Javascript) which takes a
really interesting approach. The driver program is run in node and the
workers are run in nashorn. I was wondering if anyone has given much though
to optionally exposing an interface for PySpark in a similar fashion. For
some UDFs and UDAFs we could keep the data entirely in the JVM, and still
require native libraries or otherwise aren't supported in Jython. Have I
had too much coffee and this is actually a bad idea or is this something
people think would be worth investigating some?

--
Cell : 425-233-8271