Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Shenfeng Liu <li...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/03 10:14:27 UTC

credits.html

Hi, all,
  I noticed that the installer will contains a credits page:
http://www.openoffice.org/welcome/credits.html . But this page looks
obsolete. Maybe we should update it, or redirect it to
http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/people.html ?

- Shenfeng

Re: credits.html

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Am 08/03/2012 10:14 AM, schrieb Shenfeng Liu:
>    I noticed that the installer will contains a credits page:
> http://www.openoffice.org/welcome/credits.html . But this page looks
> obsolete. Maybe we should update it, or redirect it to

This page is incomplete as it doesn't contain the present contributors ...

> http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/people.html ?

... and this is incomplete as it doesn't contain the past. ;-)

But we shouldn't *in any case* delete the one or other content.

Marcus

Re: credits.html

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Am 08/03/2012 01:49 PM, schrieb Rob Weir:
> On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 4:20 AM, Jürgen Schmidt
> <jo...@googlemail.com>  wrote:
>> On 8/3/12 10:14 AM, Shenfeng Liu wrote:
>>> Hi, all,
>>>    I noticed that the installer will contains a credits page:
>>> http://www.openoffice.org/welcome/credits.html . But this page looks
>>> obsolete. Maybe we should update it, or redirect it to
>>> http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/people.html ?
>>
>> but this page is out dated and incomplete as well.
>>

> AOO 3.4.0 pointed to credits.html as well.   It should be easy to update.
>
> Committers and Mentors are listed here:
> http://incubator.apache.org/projects/openofficeorg.html

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I understand this page as "I'm declaring with my name that I will help
to bring this new Apache Incubator project forward." and it is needed -
due to some Apache process - to document the status of this project.

It's not directly connected with the status as a committer. It will be
vanish when the graduation was succesful someday and we have to think
about a new way to show and thank our contributors/committers/helpers/etc.

Anyway, I can combine the content of both pages in a single one.

> We can also get list of other contributions by svn log | grep " by:"
> to find "Patch by:", "Reported by:", etc.

Good idea.

> Or, since this is a wiki, we could just send a note to ooo-dev asking
> for people to add themselves.  That is the simplest.

Of course, this should always work. ;-)

Marcus

Re: credits.html

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.
<jo...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 8/3/12 10:14 AM, Shenfeng Liu wrote:
>> Hi, all,
>>   I noticed that the installer will contains a credits page:
>> http://www.openoffice.org/welcome/credits.html . But this page looks
>> obsolete. Maybe we should update it, or redirect it to
>> http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/people.html ?
>
> but this page is out dated and incomplete as well.

AOO 3.4.0 pointed to credits.html as well.   It should be easy to update.

Committers and Mentors are listed here:
http://incubator.apache.org/projects/openofficeorg.html

We can also get list of other contributions by svn log | grep " by:"
to find "Patch by:", "Reported by:", etc.

Or, since this is a wiki, we could just send a note to ooo-dev asking
for people to add themselves.  That is the simplest.

-Rob

Re: credits.html

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@googlemail.com>.