Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by apohrebniak <an...@gmail.com> on 2019/10/04 07:33:01 UTC

Cluster health

Hi all.
I have Ignite in Kubernetes deployed as a standalone application. There are
a couple of caches all with *cacheMode=PARTITIONED* and *backups=1*.
During the cluster updates, K8s updates the pods one by one. There might a
case when the next pod/node had been shut down before all the required
partitions were replicated across the cluster. This is a potential data
loss.
Is there any way to know that all the required partitions were copied to the
newly created node and it's safe to shut down the next one?

Re: Cluster health

Posted by apohrebniak <an...@gmail.com>.
Thanks a lot!

Re: Cluster health

Posted by Ivan Rakov <iv...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

This information can be retrieved from cache metrics.
If for every cache
CacheGroupMetricsMXBean#getClusterMovingPartitionsCount returns zero,
rebalancing is not in progress.
I've created a topic on dev list about introducing more simple way to
get the answer.

Best Regards,
Ivan Rakov