Posted to asp@perl.apache.org by Somsak RAKTHAI <rs...@mor-or.pn.psu.ac.th> on 2001/09/10 19:19:42 UTC

Can not run Apache::ASP on RedHat-7.1.

Dear members,
  I used Apache-ASP-2.21, mod_perl-1.26, apache_1.3.20 running on
RedHat-7.1 Linux.
  When I install, I use this command below.
    Step A.
    ======
      cd mod_perl-1.26
      perl ./Makefile.PL   (it has messages show in "perl-make.txt")
      make
      make test            (it has messages in "make-test.txt")
      make install
  And then.
    Step B.
    ======
      cd ../apache_1.3.20
      ./configure \
          --prefix=/usr/local/apache \
          --activate-module=src/modules/perl/libperl.a
      make
      make install

  I try many times (Step A and B) util I can install Apache:ASP.
Because many times it has error when I use "make" in Step B.
I don't know why.

  Next when I used commamd below.
      cd ../Apache-ASP-2.21

      perl ./Makefile.PL   (it has messages show in "perl-asp.txt"

      make test      it has messages below.
                 make: *** No rule to make target `test'.  Stop.

      make install   it has messages below.
                 make: *** No rule to make target `install'.  Stop.

   Then when I config in "httpd.conf" below.
         <Directory />
             Options FollowSymLinks
             AllowOverride All
         </Directory>
         AllowOverride All
         PerlModule Apache::ASP   (line 979)

   And then run "/usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl start",
it has error messages below.

Syntax error on line 979 of /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
Can't locate Apache/ASP.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
/usr/lib/perl5/5.6.0/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.0 /usr/lib/perl5/
site_perl/5.6.0/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0 /usr/lib/perl5/
site_perl . /usr/local/apache/ /usr/local/apache/lib/perl) at (eval 3) line 3.

   Please let me know more detail how to solve this problem
because it is the first time for me to install Apache::ASP.
	      thank you very much.
	           regards,
	           Somsak.

Re: Can not run Apache::ASP on RedHat-7.1.

Posted by Joshua Chamas <jo...@chamas.com>.
Somsak RAKTHAI wrote:

> Dear sir,
>   Sorry to distrub you again and again. I have 2 questions to ask you.
>
>    1. What command to install LWP and HTML::Parser using CPAN.
>          # perl -MCPAN -eshell
>          cpan> _   <------------------- what command ?

 cpan> install HTML::Parser

>       2.1 I want to know how to solve problem that show
> messages "DEBUG: c[3]$@[Can't locate URI/URL.pm in @INC".

Probably "install LWP", or "install URI", or last resort
"install URI::URL"

>       2.2 CPAN automatic ftp at "ftp://ftp.nectec.or.th".
> If I want ftp to other location, how can I do it ?
> Please let me know other ftp server (not "ftp.nectec.or.th")
> because "ftp.nectec.or.th" don't stable.

Check out "perldoc CPAN" from unix shell command line.
"perldoc $ModuleName" generally to get you info on
that particular module.  "perldoc CPAN" has a CONFIGURATION
section that you will find helpful.

--Josh

Re: Can not run Apache::ASP on RedHat-7.1.

Posted by Somsak RAKTHAI <rs...@mor-or.pn.psu.ac.th>.

On Mon, 10 Sep 2001, Joshua Chamas wrote:

> Somsak RAKTHAI wrote:
> >
> > Dear members,
> >   I used Apache-ASP-2.21, mod_perl-1.26, apache_1.3.20 running on
> > RedHat-7.1 Linux.
> >   When I install, I use this command below.
> >     Step A.
> >     ======
> >       cd mod_perl-1.26
> >       perl ./Makefile.PL   (it has messages show in "perl-make.txt")
> >       make
> >       make test            (it has messages in "make-test.txt")
> >       make install
> >   And then.
>
> For mod_perl, I believe the right order is make install; make test,
> but the make test says it needs other perl modules to run, particularly
> you need to install LWP and HTML::Parser using CPAN.
>
> I would suggest using the ./make_httpd/build_httpds.sh in
> the Apache::ASP distribution to build your modperl apache
> or check out http://perl.apache.org/guide/install.html
>
> These below error messages say that you need to install HTTP::Date
> and MLDBM using CPAN.  You can install Apache::ASP requisites
> easily in CPAN by installing
>
>   cpan> install Bundle::Apache::ASP
>
> [ your errors ]
> Checking for the REQUIRED modules...
>  ... found Carp !
>  ... found Data::Dumper !
>  ... found Digest::MD5 !
>  ... found Fcntl !
>  !!! you need the module: HTTP::Date
>      WHY: Provides mapping between Perl time() and HTTP dates
>  !!! you need the module: MLDBM
>      WHY: This is used for reading and writing multi-level hashes on disk
>  ... found SDBM_File !
>
> Until these issues are resolved, Apache::ASP won't installed,
> and will instead give the error:
>
> > Exiting now because of errors!
>
> > Syntax error on line 979 of /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
> > Can't locate Apache/ASP.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
> > /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.0/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.0 /usr/lib/perl5/
> > site_perl/5.6.0/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0 /usr/lib/perl5/
> > site_perl . /usr/local/apache/ /usr/local/apache/lib/perl) at (eval 3) line 3.
> >

> You haven't installed Apache::ASP successfully, see above.
>
> --Josh

Dear sir,
  Sorry to distrub you again and again. I have 2 questions to ask you.

   1. What command to install LWP and HTML::Parser using CPAN.
         # perl -MCPAN -eshell
         cpan> _   <------------------- what command ?

   2. When use command "install Bundle::CPAN" at "cpan>" prompt,
it has messages show in "ins-cpan.txt".

      2.1 I want to know how to solve problem that show
messages "DEBUG: c[3]$@[Can't locate URI/URL.pm in @INC".

      2.2 CPAN automatic ftp at "ftp://ftp.nectec.or.th".
If I want ftp to other location, how can I do it ?
Please let me know other ftp server (not "ftp.nectec.or.th")
because "ftp.nectec.or.th" don't stable.

    Hope to hear from you soon.

Posted by Somsak RAKTHAI <rs...@mor-or.pn.psu.ac.th>.

On Mon, 10 Sep 2001, Joshua Chamas wrote:

> Somsak RAKTHAI wrote:
> >
> > Dear members,
> >   I used Apache-ASP-2.21, mod_perl-1.26, apache_1.3.20 running on
> > RedHat-7.1 Linux.
> >   When I install, I use this command below.
> >     Step A.
> >     ======
> >       cd mod_perl-1.26
> >       perl ./Makefile.PL   (it has messages show in "perl-make.txt")
> >       make
> >       make test            (it has messages in "make-test.txt")
> >       make install
> >   And then.
>
> For mod_perl, I believe the right order is make install; make test,
> but the make test says it needs other perl modules to run, particularly
> you need to install LWP and HTML::Parser using CPAN.
>
> I would suggest using the ./make_httpd/build_httpds.sh in
> the Apache::ASP distribution to build your modperl apache
> or check out http://perl.apache.org/guide/install.html
>
> These below error messages say that you need to install HTTP::Date
> and MLDBM using CPAN.  You can install Apache::ASP requisites
> easily in CPAN by installing
>
>   cpan> install Bundle::Apache::ASP
>
> [ your errors ]
> Checking for the REQUIRED modules...
>  ... found Carp !
>  ... found Data::Dumper !
>  ... found Digest::MD5 !
>  ... found Fcntl !
>  !!! you need the module: HTTP::Date
>      WHY: Provides mapping between Perl time() and HTTP dates
>  !!! you need the module: MLDBM
>      WHY: This is used for reading and writing multi-level hashes on disk
>  ... found SDBM_File !
>
> Until these issues are resolved, Apache::ASP won't installed,
> and will instead give the error:
>
> > Exiting now because of errors!
>
> > Syntax error on line 979 of /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
> > Can't locate Apache/ASP.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
> > /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.0/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.0 /usr/lib/perl5/
> > site_perl/5.6.0/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0 /usr/lib/perl5/
> > site_perl . /usr/local/apache/ /usr/local/apache/lib/perl) at (eval 3) line 3.
> >

> You haven't installed Apache::ASP successfully, see above.
>
> --Josh

Dear sir,
  Has anyone try to install on RedHat-7.1 ?
If anyone can install on RedHat-7.1, please let me
know more detail. (step by step for each command)
  I try to install many times and many ways but don't work.
I ever install LWP before but don't work.
  I think it is difficult for me because
it is the first time for me to install it.
  Does anyone have more detail ? I want to know command
that show step by step to install Apache::ASP on RedHat-7.1.
  Sorry to distrub you and all members because I don't know
how to install it.

Posted by Joshua Chamas <jo...@chamas.com>.