Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Felix Schumacher <fe...@internetallee.de> on 2018/09/18 19:57:31 UTC

docs for web.xml.defaults

Hi all,

today I looked for documentation about the usage of host specific
web.xml variations like the one provided by context.xml.default. I found
no documentation, but it is implemented in all supported versions of
tomcat.

Is there any reason for not telling our users about that feature?

I think it would fit on the page about virtual hosts (together with a
remark about the context.xml.default files, which are only mentioned in
the conf/context page). When there are no objections, I will add it.

Regards,
  Felix