Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Frederic Do Couto <fr...@gmail.com> on 2005/02/04 12:04:16 UTC

Tapesty and CMS

Hi,

I'm looking for returns on experience on Content Management Systems
using Tapesty.

Does anyone ever had such experience ?

Thank you.

Fred.

Re: Tapesty and CMS

Posted by Nemanja Kostic <n....@youngculture.com>.
  Yes, I am building one using Tapestry/Spring/Hibernate/AspectJ.
Very good combination for development. Except for this thing with frames.

For now, CMS generates JSP and ColdFusion caching files for client website.
Still experimenting with generated Tapestry pages.

Release candidate will be sometime in this century... :)

Nemanja.

Re: New Tapestry Palette version available.

Posted by Jamie Orchard-Hays <ja...@dang.com>.
cool stuff like this might get me off of Intellij! :-D

CMS Components [Was: Tapesty and CMS]

Posted by Kevin Menard <ni...@negativetwenty.net>.
Hello Frederic,

> I'm looking for returns on experience on Content Management Systems
> using Tapesty.

Sorry for not directly answering you, but this question has finally
prompted to send mine out :-)

Would there be any value in having a common CMS API? It seems a fair
number of people here are working on CMSs and a lot of work gets
duplicated.  I haven't had a ton of experience with CMSs, but the ones
I have all have this notion of a "block", which is a div or something
that renders for a particular piece of functionality.  To me, this
screams out component.

I haven't been able to really think it all the way through yet.  As
in, does it make sense to use (create) a higher level API or to just
use plain, old Tapestry components.  In either case, it would be
pretty neat if CMS components could be developed and reused by others
in their own projects.

--
Kevin

Re: Tapesty and CMS

Posted by Koen Segers <Ko...@scarlet.be>.
On Friday 04 February 2005 12:04, Frederic Do Couto wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for returns on experience on Content Management Systems
> using Tapesty.

I'm building a CMS for teaching computer languages. Compiler support will be
added later.

> Does anyone ever had such experience ?

Still in early alfa...

> Thank you.