Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by "alan.gerhard" <al...@gercom.com> on 2003/03/01 08:11:00 UTC

RE: The Error Processor -

> I am assuming that NotifySender fails, or generates an
> error but at this point, the mail just disappears.
>
> When I look at the mail with it's two error messages, it
> makes me suspect the required Error Processor ...

This has been corrected.
When somebody asked me 'Why is the NotifySender being called
twice for this SPAM', I said - 'No it's not ...'

When somebody sends mail to a non-existent user at my
domain, I wanted to reply to that the user does not exist.

I matched HostIsLocal to NotifySender but neglected to ghost
the mail so it fell through to the rest of the processor
which picked it up as spam and well, that processor notifies
sender too - thus my two copies of mail that seemed to be
sent through twice.