Posted to dev@datafu.apache.org by Eyal Allweil <ey...@apache.org> on 2021/10/10 09:17:35 UTC

Contributions using GitHub Pull Requests

Hi all,

We're just received a PR request <https://github.com/apache/datafu/pull/17>
from user sxinyuliu <https://github.com/sxinyuliu> for a minor refactoring
of some datafu-hourglass code.

In general, our "instructions" are for contributions to be submitted to our
JIRA via patch file. However, since we aren't getting many contributions, I
think it's a good idea to accept GitHub PRs as well, in order to minimize
friction for would-be contributors.

Does anyone here have any objections?

If not, I think I will update our instruction to accept a combination of
JIRAs and GitHub PRs - although for now I don't mind opening a few JIRA
issues myself in order to move things along.

Regards,
Eyal

Re: Contributions using GitHub Pull Requests

Posted by Matthew Hayes <mh...@apache.org>.
No objections from me.  I believe at the time those instructions were
originally written that merging PRs wasn't supported.

-Matt