Posted to jdo-dev@db.apache.org by Craig L Russell <cr...@oracle.com> on 2012/07/13 18:38:20 UTC

Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, July 13, 9 am Pacific Time

Attendees: Michelle Caisse, Craig Russell

Agenda:

1. News on "Automate OSGi bundling in JDO 3.1+ build" https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-694?

no change.

2. News on patch JDO-707 https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/
JDO-707? Check for best practice.

no change.

3. Autocommit or nontransactional actions: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-589

no change.

4. Reorganize sources to conform with maven conventions https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-711

no change.

5. Convert spec to OpenOffice https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-716

Proposal: in your editor, set "record changes" and optionally "show
changes" while we are working on the 3.1 changes. Don't "accept
changes" until we are ready to publish. WDYT?

Indexes did not get converted to .odt. AI Michelle: take a look at
manually recreating index entries.

The figure style might be different where the caption goes. AI
Michelle see about changing the style.

The Chapter headings look different for single-digit and multi-digit
chapter numbers. What do do?

6. What's needed to release 3.1? Go to https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/BrowseProject.jspa?id=10630
,
   click "Issues" in the menu on the left and then click "JDO 3
maintenance release 1 (3.1)" under "Unresolved: By Version"

AI Craig, Michelle update the spec.
AI Craig review again how to release the 3.1 through JCP channels

Action Items from weeks past:
[Sep 23 2011] AI Michael document when changing dependencies (to
DataNucleus) it's necessary to rebuild the exectck project before
running tck.
[Jun 01 2012] AI Matthew ask on maven user list about best practice of
parent & child poms in a multi-module maven project.

Craig L Russell
Architect, Oracle
http://db.apache.org/jdo
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@oracle.com