Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Jain, Ankit" <an...@capgemini.com> on 2010/06/16 09:14:11 UTC

CPU Utilization is too high

Hi,

I am using batik api to render an svg. This svg contains some 1000 (or more) different svg elements.

I am using JSVGCanvas for rendering and animating svg elements.

In the main class, I am running the following while loop:

While (true) {
:
:
um.getRunnableQueue().invokeWait(new SVGRunnable()); // um is UpdateManager from JSVGCanvas and SVGRunnable contains logic to animate all the svg elements.
:
:
Thread.sleep(60);
:
:
:

}

When I run the standalone program for the animation of various elements, the CPU utilization is very high.
I thought may be I am animating so many at once be a issue, I tried to animate a group of 10 svg elements together, still the CPU utilization is very high, it comes around 45 % or more.

What are the general steps one has to take care to reduce CPU utilization?

Thanks and regards,
Ankit Jain / Capgemini India / Bangalore
Senior Consultant / Sogeti High Tech
Phone: 91 80 6656 7000 Extn 8058295 /
VOIP: 312-792-20270 / Mobile: +91 9986017572 /
http://www.capgemini.com<http://www.capgemini.com/>
Together. Free your energies

</PRE><p style="font-family:arial;color:grey" style="font-size:13px">This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and is the property of the Capgemini Group. It is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this message.</p><PRE>