Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Danfeng Li <dl...@operasolutions.com> on 2013/03/13 00:59:33 UTC

access hadoop cluster from ubuntu on laptop

I'd like to access hadoop cluster from my laptop (through ubuntu). I put configuration files under /etc/hadoop/cluster/conf and set up env variable HADOOP_CONF_DIR=/etc/hadoop/cluster/conf

However, my problem is that my ubuntu user name is different from my user name on the cluster. I tried to find where I can specify my username in the configuration files but unsuccessfully.

Can anyone point me how to specify my username in the config files?

Thanks.
Dan

Re: access hadoop cluster from ubuntu on laptop

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
What George's suggested is more of a hack. If you want to write proper
impersonation code that works despite the security toggle, follow
http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/stable/Secure_Impersonation.html.

Or in your case, alternatively, create a local user "hdfs" and use
that via "sudo -u hdfs" prefixes.

--
Harsh J

Re: access hadoop cluster from ubuntu on laptop

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: access hadoop cluster from ubuntu on laptop

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: access hadoop cluster from ubuntu on laptop

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

RE: access hadoop cluster from ubuntu on laptop

Posted by George Datskos <ge...@jp.fujitsu.com>.
Dan,

Posted by George Datskos <ge...@jp.fujitsu.com>.
Dan,