Posted to user@xmlbeans.apache.org by Todd Nine <to...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/07 23:54:33 UTC

Help with running in eclipse

Hi all,
  I'm trying to run my JUnit tests in Eclipse, and I'm having some
problems.  I'm using maven2 as my build tool, and I have the following
plugin confirmation.  I have run the "mvn compile" target, and my source is
then generated into "target/generated-sources/xmlbeans".  I then add this to
my source path.  When I attempt to parse an xml document with the following
code, I receive this error message.  I've added
"target/generated-classes/xmlbeans" to classes output path so that it should
pick up the generated classes, but its not working.  Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Todd

Maven 2 Config:

<plugin>
                <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
                <artifactId>xmlbeans-maven-plugin</artifactId>
                <executions>
                    <execution>
                        <goals>
                            <goal>xmlbeans</goal>
                        </goals>
                    </execution>
                </executions>
                <inherited>true</inherited>
                <configuration>
                    <schemaDirectory>src/main/xsd</schemaDirectory>
                    <download>true</download>
                </configuration>
            </plugin>

Code:

        ProfilesDocument doc = null;

        try {
            doc = ProfilesDocument.Factory.parse(xml);
        } catch (XmlException e) {
            throw new UrchinException("Unable to parse xml response", e);
        }

        return doc.getProfiles().getProfileArray();

Exception:

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
    at com.onwebconsulting.urchin.profiles.ProfilesDocument$Factory.parse(
ProfilesDocument.java:119)
    at com.bnp.insightCommon.dao.rest.UrchinDaoImpl.getProfiles(
UrchinDaoImpl.java:81)
    at com.bnp.insightCommon.dao.UrchinDaoTest.getProfiles(
UrchinDaoTest.java:54)
    at com.bnp.insightCommon.dao.UrchinDaoTest.testGetProfiles(
UrchinDaoTest.java:41)
NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    at org.springframework.test.ConditionalTestCase.runBare(
ConditionalTestCase.java:69)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.junit3.JUnit3TestReference.run(
JUnit3TestReference.java:130)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.TestExecution.run(
TestExecution.java:38)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(
RemoteTestRunner.java:460)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(
RemoteTestRunner.java:673)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.run(
RemoteTestRunner.java:386)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.main(
RemoteTestRunner.java:196)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Cannot load SchemaTypeSystem. Unable
to load class with name
schemaorg_apache_xmlbeans.system.sD0FCECC1CA81F97745FE1F9A4449F63C.TypeSystemHolder.
Make sure the generated binary files are on the classpath.
    at org.apache.xmlbeans.XmlBeans.typeSystemForClassLoader(XmlBeans.java
:783)
    at com.onwebconsulting.urchin.profiles.ProfilesDocument.<clinit>(
ProfilesDocument.java:20)
    ... 23 more
schemaorg_apache_xmlbeans.system.sD0FCECC1CA81F97745FE1F9A4449F63C.TypeSystemHolder
    at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:280)
    at org.apache.xmlbeans.XmlBeans.typeSystemForClassLoader(XmlBeans.java
:769)
    ... 24 more

Re: Help with running in eclipse

Posted by Todd Nine <to...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the help David.  Unfortunately I tried the eclipse:eclipse, and
it didn't fix my issue.  I notice something earlier about producting a test
jar I could add to my class path, but now I can't find it.  Do you have any
info on this?

Thanks,
Todd

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.