Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Samuel Langlois <sa...@antelink.com> on 2010/10/20 17:29:52 UTC

Mirror of Central in France

Hello,

At Antelink, we love Maven, and we thank the Maven people every day for
maintaining the Central repository!
So we thought we could give back a little to the community.
We just set up a mirror of the Central, based in France, so that
European Maven users enjoy a better bandwidth.

We did more than that : we installed a Sonatype Nexus repository
manager, in order to perform some searches, browse easily, etc.
It is plugged directly to the Central, so any requested artifact which
is not there yet is downloaded on-the-fly, and stored for subsequent uses.

Sonatype announced today that they set up a mirror of the Central in UK.
All this is aimed at the same goal: having a better Maven experience,
and keeping Central healthy.

You can reach the interface of the repository manager here :
http://maven.antelink.com/
To make Maven use it, point your own repository manager to it, or add
this to your ~/.m2/settings.xml file :

<settings>
<mirrors>
<mirror>
<id>antelink.com</id>
<name>Antelink Mirror</name>
<url>http://maven.antelink.com/content/groups/public/</url>
<mirrorOf>central</mirrorOf>
</mirror>
</mirrors>
</settings>

Enjoy !
--
Samuel Langlois - Antelink
http://www.antelink.com/

Re: Mirror of Central in France

Posted by chemit <ch...@codelutin.com>.
Le Wed, 20 Oct 2010 17:29:52 +0200,
Samuel Langlois <sa...@antelink.com> a écrit :

> Hello,

Bravo ;)

> At Antelink, we love Maven, and we thank the Maven people every day
> for maintaining the Central repository!
> So we thought we could give back a little to the community.
> We just set up a mirror of the Central, based in France, so that
> European Maven users enjoy a better bandwidth.
>
> We did more than that : we installed a Sonatype Nexus repository
> manager, in order to perform some searches, browse easily, etc.
> It is plugged directly to the Central, so any requested artifact
> which is not there yet is downloaded on-the-fly, and stored for
> subsequent uses.
>
> Sonatype announced today that they set up a mirror of the Central in
> UK. All this is aimed at the same goal: having a better Maven
> experience, and keeping Central healthy.
>
> You can reach the interface of the repository manager here :
> http://maven.antelink.com/
> To make Maven use it, point your own repository manager to it, or add
> this to your ~/.m2/settings.xml file :
>
> <settings>
> <mirrors>
> <mirror>