Posted to mod_dtcl@tcl.apache.org by Mark Hubbard <ma...@dcisite.com> on 2002/08/07 22:26:35 UTC

off-topic: websh support

I realize this is off-topic, but i'm not a member of general@tcl.apache.org.

I see that Websh has joined the fold at tcl.apache.org.  I see that Websh
can run through CGI for supporting other web servers.  Does anyone know if
Websh can be run on MS Windows (NT/2000/XP/GT/ZL/ME/PAY/MS/MORE/MONEY/FU)
???

--
Mark Hubbard: markh@dcisite.com
Microsoft Certified Professional

"My grandfather once told me that there are two kinds of people:
those who work and those who take the credit. He told me to try
to be in the first group; there was less competition there."
   - Indira Gandhi

Re: off-topic: websh support

Posted by "David N. Welton" <da...@dedasys.com>.
"Mark Hubbard" <ma...@dcisite.com> writes:

> I realize this is off-topic, but i'm not a member of general@tcl.apache.org.

Actually, we have a couple of mailing lists dedicated to Websh as well
- -dev and -users:-)

> I see that Websh has joined the fold at tcl.apache.org.  I see that
> Websh can run through CGI for supporting other web servers.  Does
> anyone know if Websh can be run on MS Windows
> (NT/2000/XP/GT/ZL/ME/PAY/MS/MORE/MONEY/FU) ???

It has worked in the past, although the current build from source has
only been tested on Linux and Solaris, as far as I know.  I imagine it
probably needs some tweaking to make it work.  Should you be so
inclined, those changes would be more than welcome!

--
David N. Welton
   Consulting: http://www.dedasys.com/