Posted to dev@groovy.apache.org by "Milles, Eric (TR Tech, Content & Ops)" <er...@thomsonreuters.com> on 2019/01/22 16:26:55 UTC

Groovy and Mockito 1.10

Need a bit of help on how to proceed.  Groovy and Mockito 1.x have a history of incompatibility.  Mostly this is because of the MOP.  There was a fix for Mockito 1.9 to allow Groovy for tests and collaborators: https://github.com/cyrusinnovation/mockito-groovy-support  However this has not been updated to handle Mockito 1.10.  There is a pull request<https://github.com/cyrusinnovation/mockito-groovy-support/pull/14> on this repository to fix support for Mockito 1.10, but it has not been merged in 3 years time.  Mockito 2 has since been released and claims out-of-the box compat; however our org and possibly others are using Mockito 1.10 heavily and have not looked into migration.

I'd like to propose a new groovy project (probably "groovy-mockito") that would address the incompatibility between dynamic Groovy and Mockito 1.10.  It would only be a few files (3 sources, 1 resource plus tests in mockito-groovy-support).  So my question is, should this be a sub-project of groovy/groovy-core, a new project groovy/groovy-mockito, or something else?  I'd like to provide something that could be published to bintray/jcenter/maven central so my org could use it and others waiting on that PR could also grab the artifact.

Eric M.

Re: Groovy and Mockito 1.10

Posted by "Daniel.Sun" <su...@apache.org>.
+1 for creating groovy/groovy-mockito