Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by barry haycock <bd...@gmail.com> on 2023/04/06 06:18:47 UTC

translating Activemq.xml to broker.xml

Hi,

I am in the process of working to migrate my activemq configurations into
activemq-artemis.

For the most part I am there except for the queues and topics I have in
activemq.xml

we have a number of predefined Q & T's that i would like to be able to
transfer across.
Along the lines of
<authorizationEntry queue="VirtualTopicConsumer.bob" write="bob" read="bob"
admin="bob"/>
<authorizationEntry topic="VirtualTopicConsumer.bob" write="jane"
read="jane" admin="jane"/>

In my Artemis broker.xml file I have defined these as Security-setting
entries,
do i need to also define these in address-setting and addresses?

At the moment there is nothing coming up in the web console.

Baz

Re: translating Activemq.xml to broker.xml

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org>.
The security-settings will be sufficient to enforce security whether you
define the addresses in broker.xml or simply allow the broker to
auto-create them based on client use.

I'm not sure what you mean by, "there is nothing coming up in the web
console." Can you elaborate on that?

Justin