Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Mike Sokolov <so...@ifactory.com> on 2010/10/21 22:47:16 UTC

different results depending on result format

I'm experiencing something really weird: I get different results
depending on whether I specify wt=javabin, and retrieve using SolrJ, or
wt=xml.  I spent quite a while staring at query params to make sure
everything else is the same, and they do seem to be.  At first I thought
the problem related to the javabin format change that has been talked
about recently, but I am using solr 1.4.0 and solrj 1.4.0.

Notice in the two entries that the wt param is different and the hits
result count is different.

Oct 21, 2010 4:22:19 PM org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore execute
INFO: [bopp.ba] webapp=/solr path=/select/
params={wt=xml&rows=20&start=0&facet=true&facet.field=ref_taxid_ms&q=*:*&fl=uri,meta_ss&version=1}
hits=261 status=0 QTime=1
Oct 21, 2010 4:22:28 PM org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore execute
INFO: [bopp.ba] webapp=/solr path=/select
params={wt=javabin&rows=20&start=0&facet=true&facet.field=ref_taxid_ms&q=*:*&fl=uri,meta_ss&version=1}
hits=57 status=0 QTime=0

The xml format results seem to be the correct ones. So one thought I had
is that I could somehow fall back to using xml format in solrj, but I
tried SolrQuery.set('wt','xml') and that didn't have the desired effect
(I get '&wt=javabin&wt=javabin' in the log - ie the param is repeated,
but still javabin).

Am I crazy? Is this a known issue?

Thanks for any suggestions

--
Michael Sokolov
Engineering Director

PubFactory: the revolutionary e-publishing platform from iFactory

Re: different results depending on result format

Posted by Mike Sokolov <so...@ifactory.com>.
OK I solved the problem.  It turns out that I was connecting to the
server using its FQDN (rosen.ifactory.com).  When, instead, I connect to
it using the name "rosen" (which maps to the same IP using the default
domain name configured in my resolver, ifactory.com), I get results back.

I am looking into the virtual hosts config in tomcat; it seems as if
there must indeed be another solr instance running; in fact I'm now
concerned there might be two solr instances running against the same
data folder. yargh.

-Mike

Posted by Mike Sokolov <so...@ifactory.com>.

Posted by Savvas-Andreas Moysidis <sa...@googlemail.com>.