Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Craeg Strong <cs...@nyc.saic.com> on 2005/07/14 04:11:38 UTC

how would I perform set intersection or disjunction with filesets?

Hello:

Here is a fun question: does anyone have any ideas as to how one might
go about producing a fileset that represents the INTERSECTION of two
filesets?

That is, it will include only those files that are in both filesets A
and B.

Another question: how might one produce a fileset that includes all
those files from fileset A that are NOT part of fileset B?

I believe selectors provide the capabilities I would need to get the
above job done at a low level, but it might be nice to be able to
perform set operations like this on filesets directly, for better code
legibility and expressive power.

Opinions?  Ideas?

Thanks in advance,

--Craeg

Re: how would I perform set intersection or disjunction with filesets?

Posted by Matt Benson <gu...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Craeg:
    I guess nobody from the dev side has answered this
so as not to steal my thunder.  Ant CVS HEAD contains
initial support for a ResourceCollection interface
which will be implemented by FileSet etc.
Additionally set logic such as you describe will be
supported.  These changes are planned for Ant 1.7 .
Currently most of Ant's tasks have NOT been modified
to use generic resource collections, however.  I have
been quite covered up lately but hope to get back in
soon and finish what I have started.  :)

Thanks,
Matt