Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com> on 2019/01/09 16:42:35 UTC

Arrow sync today 17:00 UTC / 12:00 US-Eastern

The biweekly sync appoint crept up on me again today. We'll be
convening briefly at

https://meet.google.com/vtm-teks-phx

All are welcome -- notes to be sent to the mailing list after

Re: Arrow sync today 17:00 UTC / 12:00 US-Eastern

Posted by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com>.
Notes from today's call

- Wes McKinney (Ursa Labs)
  - 0.12 release
  - Gandiva on Windows
- Ravindra (Dremio)
- Bryan (IBM)
  - 0.12 release
- Hatem Halel (Mathworks)
  - Release schedule
- Kevin Gurney (Mathworks)
- Rylan Dmello (Mathworks)
- Neville Dipale (S Africa)
- Shyam Singh (Dremio)
- Paul Taylor (Graphistry)
  - JS performance tuning for refactor

- 0.12
  - Some Arrow patches that would be nice to merge
    - ARROW-3428
    - ARROW-4197
    - ARROW-3126
  - Some Parquet patches that might be nice to merge
    - ARROW-3564
    - PARQUET-1482
- Gandiva on Windows
  - _Init_thread_header MSVC issue to be fixed
- JS refactor
  - Wes to merge once build looks good
- JavaScript lining up with main release cycle
  - 0.4.0 release after refactor merge, then hopefully move to 0.13.0 mainline
    release later
- parquet-cpp release
  - Parquet community to discuss 1.6.0 C++ releasea