Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Massimiliano Cuccia <m....@cesim.it> on 2002/06/20 18:48:19 UTC

PDF in a JSP ... searching alternative way

I want to produce a pdf in a jsp, so I have a string fo that contains the fo
instructions ...
I had found this code to output the pdf directily in the browser
      Driver driver = new Driver(new InputSource(new
StringBufferInputStream(fo)), response.getOutputStream());

and it's OK, there is another way to do that task?
I don't want to pass the "response.getOutputStream()" actual parameter ...
any ideas??

thanks in advance
bye

Re: PDF in a JSP ... searching alternative way

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Massimiliano Cuccia wrote:
> I want to produce a pdf in a jsp, so I have a string fo that contains the fo
> instructions ...
> I had found this code to output the pdf directily in the browser
>       Driver driver = new Driver(new InputSource(new
> StringBufferInputStream(fo)), response.getOutputStream());
>
> and it's OK, there is another way to do that task?
> I don't want to pass the "response.getOutputStream()" actual parameter ...
> any ideas??

You should not use FOP from an JSP in order to generate
PDF. PDF may be binary, which could confuse the output
(which assumes the output is *character* data).
Use a servlet, and generate the FO with XSLT, as advised,
or check out Cocoon.

J.Pietschmann

Re: PDF in a JSP ... searching alternative way

Posted by Holger Prause <h....@gmx.net>.
> I want to produce a pdf in a jsp, so I have a string fo that contains the
fo
> instructions ...
> I had found this code to output the pdf directily in the browser
>       Driver driver = new Driver(new InputSource(new
> StringBufferInputStream(fo)), response.getOutputStream());
>
> and it's OK, there is another way to do that task?
> I don't want to pass the "response.getOutputStream()" actual parameter ...
> any ideas??

A good way for performing xslt(an render it with fop) is using the xsl
Taglibs from the jakarta project

http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/doc/xsl-doc/intro.html