Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Marcos Chicote <mc...@newtechnologies.com.ar> on 2007/04/20 19:07:27 UTC

Starting with maven and with maven-proxy

Hi!
The last few days I have been reading about maven and how it can help me in my job.
I have succesfuly installed codehaus eclipse plugin and i have downloaded dependencys for my projects (connection to internet works fine).

The next step was to create a network repository so that co-workers and I could share the jars that we download from the internet and have less lag when in need of a jar.

I THINK I have configured maven-proxy ok but I DONT think its working correctly.
This is what I did:
1) Downloaded maven-proxy and the config file
2) Adjust config file to my needs.
3) Start maven-proxy.

After that I started to try to configure the eclipse plugin so that it uses my repository. To do that I had to copy the conf.xml file from maven folder to the root of my local repository and I added the following lines:

         <mirror>
		<id>maven-proxy</id>
		<name>Maven-Proxy Mirror</name>
		<url>http://j2eedesar3:9999/repository</url>
		<mirrorOf>central</mirrorOf>
	</mirror>
	<mirror>
		<id>maven-proxy</id>
		<name>Maven-Proxy Mirror</name>
		<url>http://j2eedesar3:9999/repository</url>
		<mirrorOf>snapshots</mirrorOf>
	</mirror>where j2eedesar3 is the name of the machine where maven-proxy is running.When I view maven-proxy's log I see the requests made from my machine to maven-proxy but I in the filesystem I don't see any downloaded jars.

Can anybody help me?

At the end of this mail a copy my maven-proxy config file.

Thanks!!

Marcos

################ GLOBAL SETTINGS
# This is where maven-proxy stores files it has downloaded
repo.local.store=C:\\MavenRepo

#The port to listen on - not used if loaded as a webapp
port=9999

#This is the base area that all files are loaded from. While it is possible to leave this blank, this behaviour
#is deprecated and will be disabled in version 2.0.  There are too many namespace conflicts caused by not using
#a prefix.
#The repository will be shown at http://localhost:9999/repository/
#for the .war loaded into a webapp server, the default prefix is "repository" (edit the web.xml to change)
# As maven doesn't like a trailing slash, this address shouldn't have one either.
prefix=repository

#This is the simple date format used to display the last modified date while browsing the repository.
lastModifiedDateFormat=yyyy/MM/dd HH:mm:ss

################ SNAPSHOT HANDLING
#If you want the proxy to look for newer snapshots, set to true
snapshot.update=true

################ M2 METADATA HANDLING
#If you want the proxy to prevent looking for newer metadata, set to false (default is true)
#metadata.update=false

################ M2 POM HANDLING
#If you want the proxy to look for newer POMs, set to true (default is false)
pom.update=true

################ PROMOTION HANDLING
# ***** NOT CURRENTLY IMPLEMENTED *****
#Promotion describes the process by which new artifacts are loaded to global maven-proxy repository.  It
# is designed to be used by "higher security installations" that do not want to acquire artifacts from
# remote repositories without approval.
#
#If promotion handling is enabled, then the proxy will not download remote artifacts without permission
# (local repositories with copy=false are considered to be local)
#
#Permission to download is granted via the Promotion menu which will be enabled
#  when promotion handling is enabled.
#
#If promotion is false, artifacts are sourced from any repository as per normal.
#
#Promotion and snapshots:  If promotion is enabled, snapshots are not downloadable.  The concept of using
# a snapshot in a production build (which is primarily what promotion is for) is counterintuitive.
##
promotion=false

################ WEB INTERFACE
# This defines the absolute URL the server should use to identify itself.
# This can often be determined automatically, but we recommend you specify
# it explicitly to prevent problems during startup.
# The prefix will be added to this for the actual repository
# i.e. proxy available at http://localhost:9999/, repository at http://localhost:9999/repository
serverName=http://localhost:9999

#If true, the repository can be browsed
browsable=true

#If true, the repository can be searched
searchable=true

#Not currently implemented. Will allow webdav access to the repository at some point.
webdav=true

#Stylesheet - if configured, will override the default stylesheet shipped with maven-proxy - absolute URLs only
#eg.  /maven-proxy/style.css, http://www.example.com/style.css
stylesheet=C:\\MaveRepo\\maven.css

#bgColor / bgColorHighlight are replaced in the built in stylesheet to produce a simple color scheme.
#If a stylesheet is set, these are not used.
bgColor=#14B
bgColorHighlight=#94B

#rowColor / rowColorHighlight are replaced in the built in stylesheet to produce a simple color scheme.
#If a stylesheet is set, these are not used.
rowColor=#CCF
rowColorHighlight=#DDF

################ PROXIES
#This is just a hack, it should auto discover them
#proxy.list=one,two,three

#Unauthenticated proxy
#proxy.one.host=proxy1.example.com
#proxy.one.port=3128

#Authenticated proxy
#proxy.two.host=proxy2.example.org
#proxy.two.port=80
#proxy.two.username=username2
#proxy.two.password=password2

#Authenticated proxy
#proxy.three.host=proxy3.example.net
#proxy.three.port=3129
#proxy.three.username=username3
#proxy.three.password=password3

################# REPOSITORIES
#This is not just a hack, it specifies the order repositories should be checked
#Note that the proxy adds a "/" which is why the urls aren't suffixed with a "/"
repo.list=local-repo,www-ibiblio-org,dist-codehaus-org

#local-store
# The local store represents a location that local jars you host can be located.
# This could also be achieved by having a local http repository, but this is less cumbersome
repo.local-repo.url=file:///C:\\MavenRepo\\
repo.local-repo.description=Repositorio Maven Compartido
#If copy is true, jars are copied from the store to the proxy-repo. Only configurable for file:/// repos
repo.local-repo.copy=false
#If hardfail is true, any unexpected errors from the repository will cause
#the client download to fail (typically with a 500 error)
repo.local-repo.hardfail=true
#Don't cache a file repository
repo.local-repo.cache.period=0

#www.ibiblio.org
repo.www-ibiblio-org.url=http://www.ibiblio.org/maven
repo.www-ibiblio-org.description=www.ibiblio.org
repo.www-ibiblio-org.proxy=one
repo.www-ibiblio-org.hardfail=true
#Cache this repository for 1 hour
repo.www-ibiblio-org.cache.period=3600
repo.www-ibiblio-org.cache.failures=true

#dist.codehaus.org
repo.dist-codehaus-org.url=http://dist.codehaus.org
repo.dist-codehaus-org.proxy=two
repo.dist-codehaus-org.hardfail=false
repo.dist-codehaus-org.cache.period=3600
repo.dist-codehaus-org.cache.failures=true

#snapshots.maven.codehaus.org
repo.snapshots-maven-codehaus-org.url=http://snapshots.maven.codehaus.org/maven2
#If hardfail is true, any unexpected errors from the repository will cause
#the client download to fail (typically with a 500 error)
repo.snapshots-maven-codehaus-org.hardfail=false
#Cache this repository for 1 hour
repo.snapshots-maven-codehaus-org.cache.period=3600
repo.snapshots-maven-codehaus-org.cache.failures=true
#If a Proxy is needed, which one?
#repo.dist-codehaus-org.proxy=one

Re: Starting with maven and with maven-proxy

Posted by Eric Redmond <er...@gmail.com>.
I'd stay away from Archiva for now, until it gets a little more mature. From
experience I suggest Proximity (I've used all 4... it's the most mature).
Also, point your central repos to http://repo1.maven.org/maven2 ... that's
the "official" central. Of course, it's not a bad thing to use mirrors, but
ibiblio can get flaky.

Eric

--
Eric Redmond
http://codehaus.org/~eredmond

Re: Starting with maven and with maven-proxy

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.