Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by ma...@maxcalvo.net on 2002/12/23 13:46:47 UTC

my little stupid script

Howdy;

I am in the beginning stages to get mod_perl in my head. This is my second
script after the "Hello There" script. I am trying ot get my little stupid
script to work. What I am trying ot do is fairly simple; I thought. I am
just trying to get the server to print the numbers from 1 to 10. Here is the
script that I have been working for 5 days. Please help and thank you in
advnaced.

#!/user/bin/perl -w

use strict;

my $r = shift;

$r->send_http_header('text/plain');

for (my $i = 0 ; $i > 10; $i++) {
print "$i\n";
}
1;

thanks

 -max

Re: my little stupid script

Posted by ma...@maxcalvo.net.
Honza Pazdziora writes:

> On Mon, Dec 23, 2002 at 02:34:52PM -0500, darren chamberlain wrote:
>> * max.calvo@maxcalvo.net <ma...@maxcalvo.net> [2002-12-23 14:31]:
>> > I am in the beginning stages to get mod_perl in my head. This is my second
>> > script after the "Hello There" script. I am trying ot get my little stupid
>> > script to work. What I am trying ot do is fairly simple; I thought. I am
>> > just trying to get the server to print the numbers from 1 to 10. Here is
>> > the script that I have been working for 5 days. Please help and thank you
>> > in advnaced.
>> >

>> > #!/user/bin/perl -w
>>      usr?
>>
>> > use strict;
>> >
>> > my $r = shift;
>
> But first of all the question is if this code is run in an environment
> where this shift will return Apache->request object.

>  Honza Pazdziora | adelton@fi.muni.cz | http://www.fi.muni.cz/~adelton/
>       ... all of these signs saying sorry but we're closed ...

Thank you all. I got it working. And yes I am using Apache:Registry for my
server configuration. The problem was with the logic in the 'for loop'.

Thank you all again

 -Max

Re: my little stupid script

Posted by Honza Pazdziora <ad...@informatics.muni.cz>.

Re: my little stupid script

Posted by darren chamberlain <dl...@users.sourceforge.net>.
* max.calvo@maxcalvo.net <ma...@maxcalvo.net> [2002-12-23 14:31]:
> I am in the beginning stages to get mod_perl in my head. This is my second
> script after the "Hello There" script. I am trying ot get my little stupid
> script to work. What I am trying ot do is fairly simple; I thought. I am
> just trying to get the server to print the numbers from 1 to 10. Here is
> the script that I have been working for 5 days. Please help and thank you
> in advnaced.
>

> #!/user/bin/perl -w
     usr?

> use strict;
>
> my $r = shift;
>
> $r->send_http_header('text/plain');
>
> for (my $i = 0 ; $i > 10; $i++) {
                      ^
Do you mean < here?  -'

> print "$i\n";
> }
> 1;

(darren)

--
The first rule of magic is simple.  Don't waste your time waving your
hands and hoping when a rock or a club will do.