Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by "Prundaru, Ioana" <io...@csfb.com> on 2000/07/10 11:10:19 UTC

XMLZIP - usage/ known problems

Has anyone ever used this "Intelligent XML compression " tool XMLZIP?
It can be downloaded from  http://www.xmls.com/products/xmlzip/

Can the DOM parser parse the file in its compressed form?
I would like to use it in applications that generate large files,
but only if I don't need to change my current code, and if it
really is reliable.
Regards,
Ioana

Credit Suisse First Boston

Dipl.Eng.Ioana Prundaru	* ioana.prundaru@csfb.com
FTIS 1					Private *  ioana_mail@yahoo.com
PO Box 900				* (Zurich)      +41-1-3343934
CH-8070 Zurich              * (Konstanz) +49 7531 695396
Switzerland                     Mobile:      +49 1719247216

This message is for the named person's use only.  It may contain
confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information.  No
If you receive this message in error, please immediately delete it and all
sender.  You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute,
recipient. CREDIT SUISSE GROUP and each of its subsidiaries each reserve
the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its networks.  Any
views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except
where the message states otherwise and the sender is authorised to state
them to be the views of any such entity.
Unless otherwise stated, any pricing information given in this message is
indicative only, is subject to change and does not constitute an offer to
deal at any price quoted.
Any reference to the terms of executed transactions should be treated as
preliminary only and subject to our formal written confirmation.

Borland Xerces Lib

Posted by Jan Ove Aase <ja...@osc.no>.
I have just signed on to this list, and I picked up the contribution below
in the archive of this mailing list.

I have tried to compile the Xerces lib, following the directions given by
Alan Garny, without success. I have also downloaded his Xerces.lib and
Xerces.dll, and then tried to compile the DOMPrint sample, also
downloaded from the same site. I managed to compile it, eventually, but
when I try to load an xml-document, it crashes. I have also downloaded the
executable DOMPrint program of mr. Garny, and that seems to works fine.

Any ideas? I can give more details, if necessary.

Jan Ove Aase