Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by ManeshKumar SK <Ma...@stabilixindia.com> on 2007/03/19 06:38:07 UTC

Is it possible to close portlet window in jetspeed portal ?

Hi all,

Is it possible to  close  portlet window in jetspeed portal ?

Now supported.windowstate in jetspeed.properties  file is given as
normal ,maximized and minimized.I edited jetspeed.properties file and
provided a new entry like this ->   supported.windowstate = closed.The
close button image is also provided in images folder.But it seems to be
not working.

What i want is to provide a close button in a given portlet (the portlet
is using a custom layout), and when it's clicked the portlet is closed.

Can any one give a solution to close individual portlet window in
jetspeed portal?

thanks,
Manesh.

RE: Is it possible to close portlet window in jetspeed portal ?

Posted by Hajo Birthelmer <Ha...@BlueSunrise.com>.
In general portlets are "closed" by removing them through the page manager
edit mode. What would your "closed" state mean? The portlet is gone fro the
page? If so, how would it come back?

I sense that this is more a conceptual issue - in the portal world the page
determines which portlets it contains, which is configured through the page
manager.
Your question reminds me more of a desktop type application in which I
"open" and "close" a given function/window through some menu.

Hajo Birthelmer

hajo@bluesunrise.com