Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Lasse <si...@gmail.com> on 2005/06/27 21:17:07 UTC

WAI support + How to get into Lenyas source code

Hi list,

we, Robert Netzschwitz and Lars Windauer, are two "media" computer
scientists of the TFH Berlin (University of Applied Sciences) in the 6th
semester. Our goal is to build an open source teaching material
managment system. In the last 2 month we came to the conclusion to
enrich these functionalities to Lenya. We will work on this project for
at least a 3/4 year, next to this we have another seminar (webpublishing
with lenya) and it looks like this topic will be later the subject of
our diploma, too. Ergo we´re quite motivated.. enough about us.

Perhapt someone can answer our question or give us a hint where to look:

- will Lenya 1.4 or susequent versions support Web Accessibility
Initiative (WAI). We found one thread in the mailing list archive (Nov.
2004(?)) that said that at least XHTML isn't valid, but other parts of
Lenya allready conform to WAI?

- Has anyone a good tip or URL, how to start understanding the Lenya
source code? We know this wiki, the mailing list, api and documentation
but a tip where to start playing around to get deeper into Lenya would
be nice. We found out how import Lenya into Eclipse but thats it so
far.. We are quite experienced with Java and XML and it looks like this
project will be later

Thanks a lot, regards

Lasse und Robert

Re: WAI support + How to get into Lenyas source code

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.
Lasse wrote:

> we, Robert Netzschwitz and Lars Windauer, are two "media" computer
> scientists of the TFH Berlin (University of Applied Sciences) in the 6th
> semester. Our goal is to build an open source teaching material
> managment system. In the last 2 month we came to the conclusion to
> enrich these functionalities to Lenya. We will work on this project for
> at least a 3/4 year, next to this we have another seminar (webpublishing
> with lenya) and it looks like this topic will be later the subject of
> our diploma, too. Ergo we´re quite motivated.. enough about us.

you may want to look into http://burrokeet.org

ideally, you could combine that with lenya. would save you some time, i
think. burrokeet is based on forrest and eclipse and conforms to IMS, afaik.

> Perhapt someone can answer our question or give us a hint where to look:
>
> - will Lenya 1.4 or susequent versions support Web Accessibility
> Initiative (WAI). We found one thread in the mailing list archive (Nov.
> 2004(?)) that said that at least XHTML isn't valid, but other parts of
> Lenya allready conform to WAI?

last i ran the default publication through cyntiasays, it passed.
'supporting WAI' is a difficult target, as most of their recommendations
are rather vague, but the ones that were easy to do have been done.

> - Has anyone a good tip or URL, how to start understanding the Lenya
> source code? We know this wiki, the mailing list, api and documentation
> but a tip where to start playing around to get deeper into Lenya would
> be nice. We found out how import Lenya into Eclipse but thats it so
> far.. We are quite experienced with Java and XML and it looks like this
> project will be later

the usecase framework in 1.4 is a good start, as it ties everything
together.