Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Nagasitaram Thigulla <na...@gmail.com> on 2020/06/07 05:48:25 UTC

How can I help?

Hello,

I am Nagasitaram, currently working as a Software Developer at Opentext on
Appworks Platform. Appworks uses TomEE Plus as the Server. As working on
this tool for a long time I got interested in its underlying technology.

I am good at Java and Groovy, and unit testing with JUnit and TestNG. I
have worked on building REST API's using JAX-RS and config sources using
Microprofile API. I am ready to contribute to TomEE.

I am expecting a simple task to start with.

--
*Regards*
*Nagasitaram*

Re: How can I help?

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Nagasitaram,

Looks like Thiago grabbed that issue over the weekend.  Are you still looking to help?

We've got a few different initiatives going on.  Maybe you have some preference in where we can steer you:

 - Jakarta EE 8 compliance: Immediate: some help getting people to know how to run the TCK. Long-term: help fixing tests

 - Jakarta EE 9 compliance: Immediate: help kicking the tires on the prototype 'jakarta' TomEE server; i.e. writing apps that use jakarta.ws.rs.Post, jakarta.persistence.Entity, etc and report issues.

 - Bug fixing:  We've got 550 open issues.  Hard part is picking one.

 - User list: there might be some questions you know the answers to.  This may seem small, but if "Einstein is mopping the floor" because there is no janitor, getting contributions from either a janitor or another Einstein can change the world. :)  One is easier than the other :)

Let me now what kind of things sound interesting and I'll see what might fit.

--
David Blevins
http://twitter.com/dblevins

Re: How can I help?