Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Marc Lefebvre <ml...@akimeka.com> on 2008/06/19 00:00:47 UTC

[AXIS2-1.4] Java heap space properties

How do you configure Axis2 heap space for the JVM?   I looked in axis2.xml and didnt see any settings.   Im running in Tomcat, perhaps its configured there?

Im getting error:

   <soapenv:Body>
      <soapenv:Fault>
         <faultcode>soapenv:Server</faultcode>
         <faultstring>java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space</faultstring>
         <detail/>
      </soapenv:Fault>
   </soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

__
Marc Lefebvre, Principle Software Engineer
Akimeka, 1305 N. Holopono Street, Kihei, HI 96753
Phone: (808)442-7168, Email: mlefebvre@akimeka.com
echo '16i[q]sa[ln0=aln100%Pln100/snlbx]sbA0D4D465452snlbxq' | dc

Re: [AXIS2-1.4] Java heap space properties

Posted by Upul Godage <up...@gmail.com>.
Because Axis2 engine is running inside Tomcat, you have to do it in Tomcat
like this. Before running the catalina.sh etc. shell scripts set the
CATALINA_OPTS environment variable with the necessary settings. Then this
will be used inside the catalina.sh file.

export CATALINA_OPTS="-Xms512m -Xmx512m"

Hope this helps.

Upul