Posted to dev@shiro.apache.org by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org> on 2020/06/09 19:07:13 UTC

New PMC Chair Suggestion

Hi Shiro devs,

Per my last email, and per https://www.apache.org/dev/pmc.html#newchair,
I'd like to come to a consensus if possible on who the next Apache Shiro
PMC Chair should be before taking a formal vote to show the board.

Given Brian Demers' tenure on the project, and his still very active
participation as well as being a general all-around great person, I
personally would like to nominate him to replace me as PMC Chair.  I think
he has both long-term historical knowledge of the project and the desire to
see Shiro move forward in great ways, so I think it's a natural fit.

Please note that this is not an oversight of any of the other fantastic PMC
members that could have easily been nominated as well! It just made sense
to me when I thought about it, so it's just an opinion.

What do you all think?

Cheers,

Les

Re: New PMC Chair Suggestion

Posted by jleleu <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

+1 for Brian.
Best regards,
Jérôme

--
Sent from: http://shiro-developer.582600.n2.nabble.com/

Re: New PMC Chair Suggestion

Posted by fp...@apache.org.
Hi,

I'm fully agree, Brian is the perfect person to be the new PMC Chair of
Apache Shiro.

Big +1 for me!

regards,

François
fpapon@apache.org

Re: New PMC Chair Suggestion

Posted by Brian Demers <br...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the vote of confidence everyone! I appreciate it!

Re: New PMC Chair Suggestion

Posted by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org>.

Re: New PMC Chair Suggestion

Posted by Tamás Cservenák <ta...@cservenak.net>.
+1 for Brian

Re: New PMC Chair Suggestion

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.
+1 for Brian, if he wishes to take on the role!

Colm.

Re: New PMC Chair Suggestion

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net>.