Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Adam Ograbisz <ne...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/13 21:21:31 UTC

The REPORT request returned invalid XML in the response -- RevProp file for a revision looks invalid

E:\SourceScript>svn log -r 19385:19385 -v
svn: REPORT request failed on '/SVN/iEmployee/!svn/bc/19385'
svn: The REPORT request returned invalid XML in the response: XML parse
error at line 1: no element found (/SVN/iEmployee/!svn/bc/19385)

I am using FSFS for repository storage. If I view the file corresponding to
the RevProps for this revision (\iEmployee\db\revprops\19385) it only
contains 248 ascii code 0 characters, instead of the usual text I see in
other revisions.

There have been nearly 100 revisions committed after this one.  What is my
best course of action to repair my repository?  Do you need any more info?

Thanks,

Adam

Re: The REPORT request returned invalid XML in the response -- RevProp file for a revision looks invalid

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.
On 9/13/06, Adam Ograbisz <ne...@gmail.com> wrote:

> E:\SourceScript>svn log -r 19385:19385 -v
> svn: REPORT request failed on '/SVN/iEmployee/!svn/bc/19385'
> svn: The REPORT request returned invalid XML in the response: XML parse
> error at line 1: no element found (/SVN/iEmployee/!svn/bc/19385)
>

> I am using FSFS for repository storage. If I view the file corresponding to
> the RevProps for this revision
> (\iEmployee\db\revprops\19385) it only contains 248 ascii
> code 0 characters, instead of the usual text I see in other revisions.
>
> There have been nearly 100 revisions committed after this one.  What is my
> best course of action to repair my repository?  Do you need any more info?
>
> Thanks,

Copying a good revprop file into place, and then tweaking the svn:date
and svn:author revprops on that revision should do the trick.  I'd
also worry a bit about what is writing random null bytes all over your
filesystem, since unless you're changing revprops subversion itself
never modifies those files after they're written out.

-garrett