Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Joseph Beynon <jb...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/15 02:21:21 UTC

avro-mapred hadoop2 not in assembly jar

When building off of master it looks like the wrong version of the jar is
added to the assembly jar. The fix for SPARK-3039 added the "hadoop2"
classifier at compile time when using the hadoop2 profile, but in the
assembly stage I get:
    "[INFO] Including org.apache.avro:avro-mapred:jar:1.7.6 in the shaded
jar."
It's not clear if there are other dependencies that have classifiers being
added to the assembly. But when running with the current version I end up
with a common exception about TaskAttemptContext. After manually unjar-ing
the assembly and replacing the correct version of avro-mapred it works
correctly.
If I knew more about maven I'd try to help out with a PR to fix this.