Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Pham Hoai Van <va...@fsoft.com.vn> on 2005/04/05 09:34:33 UTC

what is the different between org.apache.axis.hander.Handler and javax.xml.rpc.handler.Handler ?

Dear all,
I used both Handler of org.apache and javax.xml.rpc.
Why do AXIS define a new Handler when using
javax.xml.rpc.handler.Handler is sufficent I think ?
In which case should we use axis's Handler or Java' Handler ?
Thanks for reading.
Best Regards,
-----------------------------
Pham Hoai Van
Y!: hoaivanpham
Tel: 7.220.105
Mobile: 0915.116.202
Website: http://hoaivan.info

Re: what is the different between org.apache.axis.hander.Handler and javax.xml.rpc.handler.Handler ?

Posted by Venkat Reddy <vr...@gmail.com>.
The javax.xml.rpc.handler.Handler is provided for compatibilty with
JAX-RPC programming model. The org.apache.axis.handler.Handler is the
central piece in Axis arctitecutre for message processing. Naturally
the same is used for message handlers. It is recommended to use
org.apache.axis.handler.Handler, unless you really want the handlers
to be JAX-RPC compliant. Please refer to axis documentation for
further details on axis handler architecture.

- venkat