Posted to dev@stanbol.apache.org by Rafa Haro <rh...@zaizi.com> on 2012/09/14 15:15:07 UTC

ContentHub Custom index for DBPedia-spotlight enhancer

Hi all,

I have been playing around with DBPedia Spotlight engines these days.
With Rupert's help (thanks again) I was able to successfully install and
configure it as default engine. My next step was to create a custom
index in ContentHub to extract some data about the detected entities and
store it in Solr. Specifically, I want to store in Solr the labels of
each entities and its types (rdf:types). For example, for the entity
President Obama I would get:

Labels:

Presidency of Barack Obama
Présidence de Barack Obama
Barack Obama

Types:
foaf:Person
dbpedia-owl:Person
dbpedia-owl:OfficeHolder
dbpedia-owl:Agent

In order to achieve this, I have tried to extend default ContentHub
LDPath Program with this line:

concepts = fn:concat(rdfs:label[@en]," ", rdf:type) :: xsd:string;

I know that it might give me exactly what I want, but it was just a
first test. Anyway, I found some issues when I submitted a document to
store it in my new index:

1. Recognized entities weren't exactly the same that you can get using
DBPedia Spotlight demo
(http://dbpedia-spotlight.github.com/demo/index.html), which results are
more accurate. I think that's because the 'No common words' feature in
the demo. I have been trying to configure it in the engine, but I wasn't
able to.

2. The LDPath program is executed also for entities that are not
recognized by the engine. For example, using the following text:

" /Orange is a tropical to semitropical, evergreen, small flowering tree
growing to about 5 to 8 m tall and bears seasonal fruits that measure
about 3 inches in diameter and weighs about 100-150 g. Oranges are
classified into two general categories, sweet and bitter, with the
former being the type most commonly consumed. Popular varieties of the
sweet orange include Valencia, Navel, Persian variety, and blood orange./"

The enhancer only recognized Orange (fruit) but, when I submit the text
to the content hub I also get results for Orange, Texas (Place). I would
need to store only the information of the disambiguated entity.

Thanks. Regards

This message should be regarded as confidential. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender and destroy it immediately. Statements of intent shall only become binding when confirmed in hard copy by an authorised signatory.

Zaizi Ltd is registered in England and Wales with the registration number 6440931. The Registered Office is 222 Westbourne Studios, 242 Acklam Road, London W10 5JJ, UK.

Re: content hub form element POST

Posted by Suat Gonul <su...@gmail.com>.
Hi Melanie,

You're right. "jsonCons" should be changed as "constraints".
("jsonCons" is the name of the parameter in the Java code). Anyway, the
examples in the REST API seems to have correct usage for this parameter.
However, constraints will not be specified in this way anymore, since
multipart serialization of ContentItems do has such a feature already.
See the documentations at [1] and [2]. For the sake of a unified
approach, we will use that feature to attach additional information for
ContentItems.

The disposition is a parameter which is automatically filled when a file
is sent through Multipart-FormData requests. As far as I know, clients
do not explicitly specify a value for that parameter. So, that parameter
should not be included in the documentation and you can ignore it.

As far as I see, the only parameter that is not documented is the "id"
for which I already gave an example in my previous mail.

Best,
Suat

[1]
http://stanbol.apache.org/docs/0.9.0-incubating/enhancer/contentitem.html
[2]
http://stanbol.apache.org/docs/trunk/components/enhancer/enhancerrest.html

Posted by Melanie Reiplinger <me...@dfki.de>.
Suat,

Posted by Melanie Reiplinger <me...@dfki.de>.
Hi Suat,

Posted by Meriç Taze <me...@gmail.com>.
Hi Melanie,

Yes, that will be possible. Multipart serialization of ContentItems allow
parsing pdf files while constructing ContentItems. Since we will use this
approach it will be possible to submit pdf files.

Best
Meric.

Posted by Melanie Reiplinger <me...@dfki.de>.
Hi Suat,

Re: entityhub problems

Posted by Rupert Westenthaler <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi melanie

looks like the data in the SolrCore of the Entityhub on
dev.iks-project.eu:8081 got somehow corrupted. And I can not fix it
because I can still not access the "system/console" because of this
"Apache Clerezza Loging" issue.

In the meantime (until the server will be reseted tomorrow ~5:00am you
can use the dev.iks-project.eu:8080.

I will have a look at the logs to find your what caused the SolrCore
to get corrupted.

best
Rupert

entityhub problems

Posted by Melanie Reiplinger <me...@dfki.de>.
Hi Suat,

Thanks for your reply.
I've been uploading formdata via ajax before, e.g. on the ontonet. But
just with files it didn't seem to work. So I made a workaround for the
time being, and once the updates are on, I'll maybe take another look at
how this can be solved.

Best,
Melanie

Posted by adasal <ad...@gmail.com>.
On 22 October 2012 14:28, Melanie Reiplinger <me...@dfki.de>wrote:

> But wouldn't it be more intuitive if an 'update' of an existing item would
> result in the *updated* version of the very same item, i.e., with the very
> same id as before?
> Maybe I got this wrong, but I thought the update functionality would be
> used to e.g. insert more text into an item, or to override the text of the
> item, or to add metadata to an existing item.

Yes, you are right. But if what I have said is more or less correct about
the design issues, you can see that there is a problem.
The first issue is how does Stanbol use id internally. I'm not sure that it
does, rather that it is a requirement of the RDF spec which it fulfils by
spoofing it's own. Or is this outside of the spec and just used for storage?
I assume that this id is not used in processing, e.g. that an item with
this id is treated differently to one with another id.
I also assume that the reason it is spoofed is because the implementation
needs to ensure that all RDF fields are non empty.
Or else it is outside of RDF but anyway it breaks the items connection with
its originator deliberately. The originator is this machine.
Not any number of different (or the same) external requests to an action on
this machine.

So, in short, less is being done in this implementation than you would like
because the implications of doing more are quite complex and have not been
dealt with.

I would be interested to know if I have the correct hang of this as I am in
the process of contemplating designing a wrapper service that deals with
these issues.

Adam

Posted by Melanie Reiplinger <me...@dfki.de>.

Posted by adasal <ad...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Melanie Reiplinger <me...@dfki.de>.
Hi Suat and all,

Posted by Suat Gonul <su...@gmail.com>.
Hi Melanie,

Posted by Melanie Reiplinger <me...@dfki.de>.

Posted by Melanie Reiplinger <me...@dfki.de>.
Hi Suat,

Posted by Suat Gonul <su...@gmail.com>.
Hi Melanie,

Re: ContentHub Custom index for DBPedia-spotlight enhancer

Posted by Rafa Haro <rh...@zaizi.com>.
Hi Pablo,

Thanks for your help. I just configured the engine using
CoOccurrenceBasedSelector like spotter at OSGi console and now I'm
getting the same results than your demo. I'm still having the same issue
with ContentHub, and now also there are some extracted concepts that
seems not to be passed to LDPath Program.

Regards

Posted by "Pablo N. Mendes" <pa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Rafa,

--
---
Pablo N. Mendes

Re: ContentHub Custom index for DBPedia-spotlight enhancer

Posted by Suat Gönül <su...@gmail.com>.
Hi Rafa,

Could you please open an issue and attach the file there? In any case you
can send it also to my email. I will look into that in the next week.

Best,
Suat

On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 4:55 PM, Rafa Haro <rh...@zaizi.com> wrote:

> Hi Suat,
>
> I'm pretty sure. I can send you the Enhancement graph in RDF if you want
> to check by your own. I was to post here but is pretty large.
>
> Regards
>
> El 14/09/12 15:27, Suat Gonul escribió:
>
>  Hi Rafa,
>>
>> Are you sure the enhancements of this text do not contain other
>> entities. The contexts(URIs) on which the LDPath program is executed are
>> obtained as follows:
>>
>> Iterator<Triple> it = sci.getMetadata().filter(null,
>> Properties.ENHANCER_ENTITY_**REFERENCE, null);
>>
>> In other words, the source of the URIs is the metadata of the
>> ContentItem, could you please look into the enhancement graph of your
>> ContentItem whether there exists any other Orange related entities?
>>
>> Best,
>> Suat
>>

>> On 09/14/2012 04:15 PM, Rafa Haro wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I have been playing around with DBPedia Spotlight engines these days.
>>> With Rupert's help (thanks again) I was able to successfully install
>>> and configure it as default engine. My next step was to create a
>>> custom index in ContentHub to extract some data about the detected
>>> entities and store it in Solr. Specifically, I want to store in Solr
>>> the labels of each entities and its types (rdf:types). For example,
>>> for the entity President Obama I would get:
>>>
>>> Labels:
>>>
>>> Presidency of Barack Obama
>>> Présidence de Barack Obama
>>> Barack Obama