Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Anthony Gardner <cy...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2006/10/15 18:27:30 UTC

Am very cheesed oof now apache2 and ptkdb

I've even tried to get it running at home with the same luck .......... none (well, i get the gui but it's blank where the code should be)

The steps I've taked are those as described in my mail below this one.

Surely s.o out there must have an idea ;) please!! pretty please.

I'm also getting this error to my error_log ...

[notice] Apache::DB initialized in child 7164
Prototype mismatch: sub CORE::GLOBAL::exit: none vs (;$) at /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.7/Tk.pm line 397

Anthony Gardner <cy...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote: okay,

I've hacked Devel::ptkdb and Apache::DB a bit as suggested by
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.mod-perl/7562

changed a bit for MP2

and

http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/debug.html#ptkdb_and_Interactive_mod_perl_Debugging

Now, I get the gui but no contents are displayed in it. If I step over a few times (blindly) I end up in .....

package IO::Handle::DESTROY

the gui then dies and the output is displayed in the browser.

If I manage to hit a process that's already run the debugger, i am able to see my program in the gui  all wrapped in the ModPerl namespace but I still can't manage to step through the code.

I still end up at IO::Handle::DESTROY

Has everyone had to hack apache::DB and Devel::ptkdb ???

It's the same for a single or multi processess running.

Am really curious about this.

#!/usr/bin/perl -d:ptkdb

use strict;

sub BEGIN {
   $ENV{DISPLAY} = 'localhost:0.0';
}

print 'Content-type: text/html' . "\n\n";
print "$$<br />";
print 'Hello<br />';
print 'Goodbye';

my $struct = { key1 => [ qw| Hello World |, { key2 => 'At Last!!' } ] };

print; ## just so I can see the contents of $struct

-Ants

Jeff Pang <pa...@earthlink.net> wrote: Hello,

Have you loaded the ModPerl::Registry?How can you know your modperl scripts can't be run?
When you meet problems,you can look at the error_log where you could find most of the problems.
And,here is my mp2 config,it can run well for me:

PerlModule ModPerl::Registry

    SetHandler perl-script
    PerlResponseHandler ModPerl::Registry
    PerlOptions +ParseHeaders