Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net> on 2014/02/25 15:29:12 UTC

[jms] Heads up removal of old config style in cxf jms transport

Hi all,

like planned I will now start to remove the old wsdl and spring conduit
/ destination config style.
I originally planned to keep the JMSConfiguration style which was set
using the JMSConfigFeature. During the refactorings I found though
that the new JMSEndpoint will have to provide all important elements of
JMSConfiguration anyway. The spec allows to add these as custom
properties which I did.

So I wonder if it would make sense to only keep the spec based URI and
WSDL config?
For people who like Java pojo based configs we could allow to set a
JMSEndpoint in the config as a replacement for the JMSConfiguration
style. What do you think?

If no one objects I will also remove the JMSConfigFeature based config
style.
-----

For reference here are some pointer to the new config style:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cxf.git;a=blob_plain;f=rt/transports/jms/src/main/java/org/apache/cxf/transport/jms/uri/JMSEndpoint.java;hb=HEAD

Some examples of jms endpoint uris:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cxf.git;a=blob_plain;f=rt/transports/jms/src/test/java/org/apache/cxf/transport/jms/uri/JMSEndpointTest.java;hb=HEAD

This shows the new config uris with jndi based connection factory as
well as with context based connection factory (e.g. blueprint or spring):
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cxf.git;a=blob_plain;f=rt/transports/jms/src/test/java/org/apache/cxf/transport/jms/uri/URIConfiguredConduitTest.java;hb=HEAD

This is the jms spec test suite which shows many different spec based
config variants:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cxf.git;a=blob_plain;f=testutils/src/main/resources/wsdl/jms_spec_testsuite.wsdl;hb=HEAD

Christian

--