Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Da...@SunGardEBS.com on 2007/05/22 17:51:05 UTC

Generating a website for a multi module project

Hi Everyone,

I need to create a website for the a mult-module project.  The mvn site
command creates the html pages.  Is there a way to list the modules as
links on your parent page?

Thanks for your help,

David

Re: Generating a website for a multi module project

Posted by Da...@SunGardEBS.com.
Nevermind.  I got it.

Thanks,

David

DavidWilliams@SunGardEBS.com
05/22/2007 03:14 PM
Please respond to
"Maven Users List" <us...@maven.apache.org>

"Maven Users List" <us...@maven.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: Generating a website for a multi module project

Ok, trying to run mvn site:stage -DstagingDirectory=C:\fullsite and it
wants site information in the distribution management section of the pom.
Should I put C:\fullsite in there?

Thanks,

David

Nick Stolwijk <ni...@planet.nl>
05/22/2007 01:33 PM
Please respond to
"Maven Users List" <us...@maven.apache.org>

Maven Users List <us...@maven.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: Generating a website for a multi module project

To give you a hint with the urls: you haven't deployed your site. (mvn
site-deploy in combination with
pom.xml:/project/distributionManagement/site )

Hth,

Nick Stolwijk

DavidWilliams@SunGardEBS.com wrote:
> Nick,
>
> I believe it was the way my parent pom was set up.  I have them listed
> now.  There urls are incorrect but it's progress. = )  Thanks for your
> example and help!!
>
> David
>

> Nick Stolwijk <ni...@planet.nl>
> 05/22/2007 11:34 AM
> Please respond to
> "Maven Users List" <us...@maven.apache.org>

> Maven Users List <us...@maven.apache.org>
> cc
>
> Subject
> Re: Generating a website for a multi module project
>

> Our (working) situation is as follows:
>
> Project/
>      pom.xml (with <modules></modules> section)
>      src/
>            site/
>               site.xml (With <menu ref="modules"/>)
>      module1/
>             pom.xml
>             src/
>                site/
>                   site.xml
>      module2/
>             pom.xml
>             src/
>                site/
>                   site.xml
>
> At lease, that is the basis of it (missing ofcourse the src/main and
> src/test directory of the modules).
>
> Is your setup somewhat different?
>
> Nick S.
>
> DavidWilliams@SunGardEBS.com wrote:
>
>> Nick,
>>
>> Thanks for you quick answer.  When I put <menu ref="modules" /> into
the

>> body section of my site.xml, I get that header but none of the actual
>> modules.  Do I have to enter them manually or should maven pull them
for

>> me?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> David
>>

>> Nick Stolwijk <ni...@planet.nl>
>> 05/22/2007 11:00 AM
>> Please respond to
>> "Maven Users List" <us...@maven.apache.org>

>> Maven Users List <us...@maven.apache.org>
>> cc
>>
>> Subject
>> Re: Generating a website for a multi module project
>>

>> Yes, there is, see [1] and then the part of Including Generated
Content.

Posted by Nick Stolwijk <ni...@planet.nl>.

Posted by Nick Stolwijk <ni...@planet.nl>.

Posted by Nick Stolwijk <ni...@planet.nl>.