Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Balaji Loganathan <ba...@yahoo.com> on 2002/07/02 16:55:51 UTC

text wrapping - Mathy

Hi Mathy,
  I read this thread
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=fop-user&m=101785696928812&w=2
 can u please send me the wrapper_helper template so
that i can test and use it.
Thanks in advance.

http://www.sold.com.au - SOLD.com.au
- Find yourself a bargain!

Re: text wrapping - Mathy

Posted by Mathy V Arumugam <ma...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
Hi Balaji,

I am very sorry for not responding sooner.  I was out of the office last week.
You don't need the wrapper_helper function.  You can use the text_wrapper
function recursively... But, here is the wrapper_helper function you've asked.

Good Luck!
Mathy

                 <xsl:template name="text_wrapper">
                                 <xsl:param name="Text"/>
                                 <xsl:choose>
                                     <xsl:when
test="string-length($Text)">
                                       <xsl:value-of
select="substring($Text,1,30)"/>
                                        <!--     br/ -->
                                       <xsl:call-template
name="wrapper_helper">
                                         <xsl:with-param name="Text"
select="substring($Text,31)"/>
                                       </xsl:call-template>
                                     </xsl:when>
                                     <xsl:otherwise>
                                       <!-- no more string! -->
                                     </xsl:otherwise>
                                  </xsl:choose>
                         </xsl:template>

                                 <!--this will also display 30 chars of the
string, and pass the rest back to
                                 text_wrapper -->
                                 <xsl:template name="wrapper_helper">
                                 <xsl:param name="Text"/>