Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Thomas Schneider <th...@euskill.com> on 2013/07/29 19:34:11 UTC

Network Problem

Hello,

I have setup cloudstack and it work fine, I can launch VM etc...
But the problem is I can only SSH to the VM from the host on which she
is running.
When I am in the vm I can ping exernal network and download package to
setup lamp for example.

I'm in basic network mode
My config is:

mgmt srv: 10.10.10.20
host1: 10.10.10.30
host2: 10.10.10.31
nfs for storage 10.10.10.100

pod pool 10.10.10.110 - 150
guest pool 10.10.10.200 -250

and my network config on the host in /etc/init.d/networking/interface is:
-----------------------------------
auto p49p1
iface p49p1 inet manual

auto cloudbr0
iface cloudbr0 inet static
    bridge_ports p49p1
    address 10.10.10.31
    netmask 255.255.255.0
    network 10.10.10.0
    broadcast 10.10.10.255
    gateway 10.10.10.254
    # dns-* options are implemented by the resolvconf package, if installed
    dns-nameservers 10.1.1.2
-----------------------------------

I also with to use OpenVSwitch but I didn't found a lot of documentation
for configuring in basic nework mode on ubuntu.

Tkanks for your Help.

Best Regards,

--
*Thomas Schneider*

Re: Network Problem

Posted by Ahmad Emneina <ae...@gmail.com>.
Next thing to do would be to sniff the traffic... Where's it failing to traverse?

Ahmad

Re: Network Problem

Posted by Thomas Schneider <th...@euskill.com>.
I disabled it.

Re: Network Problem

Posted by Ahmad Emneina <ae...@gmail.com>.
guest os firewall?

Re: Network Problem

Posted by Thomas Schneider <th...@euskill.com>.
Hi,

--
*Thomas Schneider*

Re: Network Problem

Posted by Jijun <ji...@gmail.com>.
Hi ,
Basic Network will setup the security group, and it will deny all the
inbound traffic and allow outbound traffic.

you should manually add some ingress rules.

offical document:

http://cloudstack.apache.org/docs/en-US/Apache_CloudStack/4.0.2/html/Installation_Guide/security-groups.html

On 07/30/2013 01:34 AM, Thomas Schneider wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have setup cloudstack and it work fine, I can launch VM etc...
> But the problem is I can only SSH to the VM from the host on which she
> is running.
> When I am in the vm I can ping exernal network and download package to
> setup lamp for example.
>
> I'm in basic network mode
> My config is:
>
> mgmt srv: 10.10.10.20
> host1: 10.10.10.30
> host2: 10.10.10.31
> nfs for storage 10.10.10.100
>
> pod pool 10.10.10.110 - 150
> guest pool 10.10.10.200 -250
>
> and my network config on the host in /etc/init.d/networking/interface is:
> -----------------------------------
> auto p49p1
> iface p49p1 inet manual
>
> auto cloudbr0
> iface cloudbr0 inet static
>      bridge_ports p49p1
>      address 10.10.10.31
>      netmask 255.255.255.0
>      network 10.10.10.0
>      broadcast 10.10.10.255
>      gateway 10.10.10.254
>      # dns-* options are implemented by the resolvconf package, if installed
>      dns-nameservers 10.1.1.2
>
> I also with to use OpenVSwitch but I didn't found a lot of documentation
> for configuring in basic nework mode on ubuntu.
>
> Tkanks for your Help.
>
> Best Regards,

Jijun