Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk> on 2005/07/29 03:14:52 UTC

[axis2] FYI: JBoss Web services

See:
http://jboss.org/jbossBlog/blog/tdiesler/?permalink=JBoss_web_service_stack_EA1_released.txt

Sanjiva.

Re: [axis2] FYI: JBoss Web services

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <at...@gmail.com>.
Consider how many people use Tomcat rather than a full J2EE server.
Axis is the most popular web services platform for Tomcat. I just
spoke with a client that uses Tomcat/Axis in production, and they have
no interest in upgrading to a J2EE platform.

I, for one, really like the current focus of designing a light, fast,
standalone Java SOAP engine with all the latest features. The industry
needs one.

At the same time, I think a plan to adopt Web Services Metadata
(JSR-181) sooner rather than later is really important because it may
impact some core design issues.

Anne

Posted by Venkat Reddy <vr...@gmail.com>.