Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "cback@bitpipe.com" <cb...@bitpipe.com> on 2002/12/05 20:28:47 UTC

[users@httpd] Logging requests before processing

Hi,
I am wondering if there is anyway to log a request before it is handled by the
server. Here is some background as to why I want this.

I have apache 1.3.27 and tomcat 3.2.4 running on the same machine. Apache is
handling images and a few static files, while tomcat handles dynamic content.
Although our static content is very limited, we like to have apache sit in
front so we have a good place to go to analyze usage data.

Our problem is apache only logs a request just before it heads back to the
client. This meens we cannot determine what page has been called but never
completed.

Are there any apache modules out there that will accomplish what we need?

Thanks for any help someone can offer.

Chris Back