Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Herve Quiroz <he...@esil.univ-mrs.fr> on 2003/11/06 14:31:20 UTC

Re: [functor] [patch] contributions

Here are the loop ones: DoWhileProcedure and WhileDoProcedure. With some
unit tests.

Regards,

Herve

Re: [functor] [patch] contributions

Posted by Herve Quiroz <he...@esil.univ-mrs.fr>.
Well I thought of that before actually... And I believe this could be
done using *BoundProcedure. But I have some trouble trying to define
what the arguments would/should represent and where they would get
passed.

What do you think the run(Object left, Object right) method from
WhileDoBinaryProcedure should do ? IMHO, it should run(left, right) on
the 'action' binary procedure until the condition is false.

Then what should we do about the 'condition' ? Would it still be a
Predicate or instead a BinaryPredicate (used against the 'left' and
'right' parameters each iteration of the loop) ?

I don't know if there's a way to re-use the DoWhile/WhileDo
procedures... or at least re-use the AbstractLoopProcedure. In the later
case, the 'action' constructor argument should probably be Object typed.
Have you ever thought of a Functor interface for such a purpose ? I
don't know if it's a good idea though... This would get to the
following:

public abstract class AbstractLoopFunctor implements Functor, ...
{
	public AbstractLoopFunctor(Predicate condition, Functor action)
	{
	}
}

..and the subclasses would implement the right interface themselves.

Okay, I'm late now but I will think of it so we may discuss it further
in the next few days.

Herve

Posted by Rodney Waldhoff <rw...@apache.org>.

- Rod <http://radio.weblogs.com/0122027/>

Re: [functor] [patch] contributions

Posted by Rodney Waldhoff <rw...@apache.org>.
Committed, with minor modifications (to reduce the amount of cut-and-paste
code between DoWhile and WhileDo).

Thanks Herve.

--
- Rod <http://radio.weblogs.com/0122027/>