Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com> on 2003/11/24 17:54:51 UTC

New dashboard feature request (was RE: [ANN] Dashboard plugin 1.1 released)

dIon,

I've almost implemented it. If you can help me resolve the following
problem, it's done:

  <x:set var="notEmptyElems" select="aggregator[not(text() = '-')]"/>
  <j:if test="${notEmptyElems.size() == '0'}">

The call to notEmptyElems.size() is failing. Not sure why? Maybe because
it returns a number?

If I print the result of ${notEmptyElems.getClass().getName()} I get
java.util.ArrayList, so the size() method should exist.

Here's the stack trace I get:

org.apache.commons.jelly.JellyException: null:-1:-1: <null> Unable to
create expression: notEmptyElems.size() == '0'
        at
org.apache.commons.jelly.expression.jexl.JexlExpressionFactory.createExp
ression(JexlExpressionFactory.java:110)
        at
org.apache.commons.jelly.expression.CompositeExpression.parse(CompositeE
xpression.java:128)

Any idea?

Thanks
-Vincent

AM:

RE: New dashboard feature request (was RE: [ANN] Dashboard plugin 1.1 released)

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@maven.org>.
On Mon, 2003-11-24 at 12:51, Michal Maczka wrote:
> Maybe this will help:
> http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/java/util/Collection.html#isEmpty()

You need to use the special size() operator:

${size(notEmptyElems) == 0}

> Michal

jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason@zenplex.com
http://tambora.zenplex.org

RE: New dashboard feature request (was RE: [ANN] Dashboard plugin 1.1 released)

Posted by Michal Maczka <mm...@interia.pl>.
Maybe this will help: