Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Burning <11...@qq.com> on 2014/01/19 07:57:00 UTC

Producer flow control

Hi,

I have producer flow control closed for all topic.

My question is:if the memory limit for a activemq is reached,broker begin to
store temporary files,the producer stop sending messages to the broker and
the broker stop sending messages to the consumer,
 i want to know the reason: producer and broker stop to sending messages?

Thanks

Re: Producer flow control

Posted by Torsten Mielke <tm...@redhat.com>.
Hello,

Are you certain to have disabled producer flow control correctly?
It seems your producer got put on hold.
On more recent versions of ActiveMQ (i.e. 5.7 or later) the broker should log a message when it hits any of its configured limits.

Also, is it possible that your temp space limit is reached (i.e. tempUsage limit in broker configuration)?
In case you are sending persistent messages to your topic check if the storeUsage limit got reached as well.

But again, the broker should log if any limit is reached.

Regards,
Torsten Mielke
tmielke.blogspot.com