Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Girish Shilamkar <gi...@clogeny.com> on 2013/07/09 08:57:28 UTC

Shared networks without IP range.

Hello,

In order to create shared network StartIp/endIp/gateway/netmask are required. I am looking at an old test case which creates shared network without IP range
and deploys vm in it. It of course fails as IP range is required while creating shared network.
Has anything related to shared network changed in recent times or the test case is just invalid ?

Regards,
Girish

Re: Shared networks without IP range.

Posted by Girish Shilamkar <gi...@clogeny.com>.
Hello Murali,

Thanks for your input. I have submitted a patch to remove this test.

Regards,
Girish

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.
On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 04:32:33AM +0000, Chiradeep Vittal wrote:
> I can think of a use case where the user wants static Ips, but with
> range/overlap/reuse checks.

+1, although perhaps the tracking of IPs could be optional?  Would it be
worth breaking out IPAM as a "service" provided to networks?  It would
be a service that is required when you also want to use DHCP services.

Posted by Chiradeep Vittal <Ch...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Murali Reddy <Mu...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Prasanna Santhanam <ts...@apache.org>.